Did over 2,100 paintings in
water/oil/acrylic colours both in
Traditional/Modern styles on different
themes. Notable among the series of
paintings done are on the themes of
My Village · Rocks · Electric Power
(Graphics) · Nehru and his vision
Horses · Ganesha · Bull Fight ·50 years of
Indian Independence · Nature
2. One Man Shows participated:
· 1965 Organised by United States
Information Services, Guntur.
· 1966 One Man Show of paintings, Hyderabad.
· 1967 Organised by International Club,
· 1968 One Man Show of paintings at
· 1975 Graphics on “Panorama of
· 1982 Paintings on “My Village” at New
· 1989 Paintings on “Nehru and his Vision”
· 1993 Paintings on “Hyderabad—400 years” at
· 1995 One Man Show of paintings at
· 1998 50 years of Indian Independence at
Alliance Francaise, Hyderabad.
· 1999 One Man Show at “Art Folio”,
· 2000 - Paintings on “Hyderabad” at British
Library Art Gallery, Hyderabad
- One Man Show at Indus Ind Bank Art
- One Man Show at ANZ Grindlays Bank Art
- One Man Show at “Art Gallery”,
- One Man Show at “Ravi Shankar Raval Kala
· 2001 - Painting show at Grad Kakatiya
· 2005 - One Man Show at ICCR Art Gallery,
Kala Bhavan, Hyderabad.
3. Group Shows participated:
· 1972 Exhibition of paintings at BHEL Club,
· 1973 --do—
· 1974 --do—
· 1975 Three Decades of Art in Andhra
· 1977 Second All India Contemporary
Miniature Biennial of A.P. Council of
· 1980 International Exhibition of Cartoons
organized in Vamouri Sheibun, Japan.
· 1996 World Telugu Federation Exhibition.
· 1997 Telugu University – 2nd State-wide
· 1998 Annual Exhibition of Hyderabad Art
· 1999 Telugu University – 3rd State-wide
· 2000 - Annual Exhibition of Hyderabad Art
- Telugu University – 4th State-wide
- “Affordable Art Show” – Vinyasa Art
2006 – Group Show at Lakshana Art Gallery,
- group Show at Kalakruti Art Gallery,Hyd.
.. 2 ..
4. Participation in Art Camps:
· Wood-cut print making workshop organized
by Mr.Paul Lingren under Max Muller Bhavan,
· “Encounter” – An Art Camp organized by
Hindustan Times at New Delhi.
5. Paintings in collection of :
· Mrs.Begum Abida Ahmed, New Delhi.
· Dr.N.M,.Chodnosky, USA.
· Ing John Ludvik, (CSSR).
· Mr.Fritzsche, West Germany.
· Hon’ble Mr.Michel Foot, U.K.
· Andhra Pradesh Lalit Kala Academi and many
other Indian and foreign dignitaries.
6. Illustrated a number of books and
designed a number of book jackets.
7. Interviewed on All India Radio several
times on artistic activity.
8. Egg-Shell Engraving:
· For the first time, developed an unique
craft of egg-shell engraving, in the
· Engraved over thousand eggs so far and
presented them to important dignitaries in
India and abroad.
· Portraits like Sarva Sri R.Venkataraman,
Richard Nixon, President Reagan, Jawaharlal
Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastry, Fakhruddin Ali
Ahmed, Dr.Gustav Husak, Breznev, V.V.Giri,
Edward Heath, Dr.S.Radhakrishnan, Dr.Zakir
Hussain and many more.
· Received a number of awards in the field
of Fine Arts.
· Honoured by the Andhra Association, New
Delhi in the presence of Shri Pendekanti
Venkata Subbaiah, then Hon’ble Minister for
· Honoured by the Andhra Education Society,
New Delhi in 1982.
· Honoured with ‘Mega Citizen Award, 1997”.
· Honoured with “Ugadi Puraskar, 1998” by
the Delhi Telugu Academy, New Delhi.
· Honoured by Smt.G.T.Tumen Bava, External
Affairs Minister of Kirgia Soviet Socialist
· His Excellency Mr.Robert Arbuthnott,
Minister (Cultural Affairs), British High
Commission, British Council Division.
· Honoured by Salivahana Trust, Cherukuri
10. Mr.Swamy’s name has been listed in the
“Limca Book of Records, 1993”.
For more information about the artist,
contact directly :
Name : V.V.SWAMY
Father’s Name : V.VENKATESWARLU
Date of Birth : 2nd June, 1944
Address for communication : BHEL MIG-778
Near BHEL Township
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.